Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sapporo's Gotenzan Park Playground - B&W Style

9th August, 2010 - A return to Gotenzan with Daddy. The thing about our holidays to Japan is that invariably, there's a part that I'm not there. That's generally not a problem, but it does mean that I tend to miss out on a lot of experiences. So there's always an opportunity to catch up when I arrive. Such a case was when we re-visited Gotenzan Kouen; which L-kun had visited with mummy last year. Last time was in colour... this time it's glorious B&W.

The park hadn't changed that much... yes, it was still dominated by the huge pyramidal edifice (Gotenzan). It wasn't such a fine day this time around though.... but at least it had Daddy. And Daddy really enjoyed sharing these play times with L-kun too.

Of course, L-kun is always willing to offer a helping hand. It's amazing to see how readily children offer their hands, both to help others, and to be helped. Where do we lose this skill?


I wonder what L-kun thinks of his parents taking countless photos? I know he loves sitting with Mummy and Daddy nowadays and looking through the photos, so I guess it's also worth it. I know he's one over-photographed child however.


One of the things you get used to in Japan, is that there's an over-abundance of interesting sculptural designs. Even in children's playgrounds. It's a good experience coming across some new weird and wonderful play equipment design, and definitely makes me feel a little disappointed when we go back to Adelaide, with our standard slippery slide, swings etc. Then again, I'm not sure kids really care...


And here's a cheeky T-chan shot.. The umbrella's there against the heat, not the threat of rain. It's hard to gain a feel in these pictures just how hot it was... but it would have been in the mid 30's with high humidity. Very strange for a Sapporo summer. Or so I'm told... 

Well, this has been a bit of a different post. I promise I won't do too many of these B&W specials... but every now and again doesn't hurt.

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind the B&W pictures as they do make a nice change. You can find some really cute play equipment in Japan that you will not see in Australia. Looks like you two had a great time :)

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, it wasn't just Daddy there. But it's sad but true that most Aussie playgrounds are a little boring by comparison. There are definitely a few good ones to be found... then again, there are some pretty awful Japanese playgrounds if I was being perfectly honest.

    ReplyDelete