Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 1 - Night Shopping (Ikebukuro)

Night in Ikebukuro31st Jan 2003 - Ikebukuro. Ikebukuro (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3038.html) is one of the biggest districts on the Yamanote Line (the circular train service that acts as a ring-route around Tokyo).. We went to Toyota Amlux (free to enter) and generally did some shopping (did I mention the fact that it was WINTER... bought a cheap coat here. Don't forget I was coming from an Australian summer.

It's a nice area, and there's plenty of shopping around here... and a good place to grab a bite to eat. Ah - I can remember one of my wife and I's first arguments occured over a dinner in Ikebukuro... what was it about? Hmmm - if i can remember, I wouldn't tell. What a way to start a long (first) holiday. Actually, that's the sort of thing that happens when you start to get deep into the holidaying straight off the plane.

There's a fair bit to do in Ikebukuro (such as Sunshine City bldg) - but unfortunately we arrived fairly late in the day, and were pretty tired. I'd like to go back and explore more.... but that will have to wait.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment