Friday, May 27, 2011

Lotteria... The Tower Cheese Burger of Death

31st July, 2010 - One of the things that are often said about Japanese food... the small portions. Well, we came across one of the Japanese burger joints, called Lotteria, that sort of broke that rule. Big time. The Tower Cheese Burger of Death (ok the Death part is my own invention).

Now generally, I'm a bit of a sucker for a decent hamburger...and there are few times that I would knock back one... I have however met my match. Actually Lotteria is not a favourite by a long stretch of the imagination, and we would not normally eat here.

Who could eat such a evil looking hamburger - and if you could, why would you want to? Even for the modest price of 1060 yen? The vision of this thing haunts me to this day. I have nightmares about being squashed beneath a collapsing Tower Cheeseburger... but I bet this is nothing compared to the nightmares (and potential premature death) of anyone having actually eaten one of these.

If you've tried one... please let me know (and preferably provide photographic evidence... as long as it's not too graphic).

Maybe after all of that, I sort of regret not having attempted one of these; for it will forever remain the Everest I never climbed.

Edit - the thing about this is that you can essentially go as high as you want for a trifling 100 yen per patty.... so a 10 patty burger is 1060 yen (160 yen for a cheeseburger, plus an extra 900 yen for another 9 beef patties). What a GREAT idea!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am seriously laughing my guts out right now! This is Too Funny!! Our local Lotteria closed down several years ago - thank goodness, have you ever actually eaten at one? - so this was a huge surprise. Is this for real?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - it's for real... but I can't imagine anyone actually ordering it. But then again, they Japanese are always seeming to win the "most hot-dogs eaten" type competitions. Perhaps this is a form of scientifically designed training program?

    Either way, we avoid Lotteria normally - and especially if this is their "good ideas".

    But it is good for a laugh, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you didn't believe it... here's the proof. The reality is even more revolting than the promo... but then again, I suppose that's advertising for ya.

    ReplyDelete